With the change of seasons also comes the change of appetite and our craving for warmer food.
This green buddha bowl is a mix of summer (light, crunchy greens and sprouts) mixed with warm soft ingredients like baked sweet potatoes and tempeh. Make a big batch of this recipes to meal prep for the week to ensure you stay on track throughout the entire year, and into the new year. I personally love the mixture of texture and flavour in this recipe. Feel free to add your own healthy ingredients to personalize your bowl!
- 1 Organic Sweet Potato -- Baked at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
- 1 Block of Tempeh -- I used Henry's Organic Tempeh and marinated it in gluten-free Tamari and then coated in organic hemp hearts, which went in the oven with the sweet potatoes for approximately 30 minutes
- 2 Cups of Mixed Organic Field Greens
- 1 Cup Sunflower Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, for a cheesy and nutty flavour (which is also high in B12!)
- Sprinkled with additional organic Hemp Hearts
- Drizzled with organic avocado oil and pink sea-salt to taste